Being a fairly new organization, we have made huge strides in transforming and energizing our profession in four short years. We are motivated, dedicated, and passionate about our work, our love of seniors, and our desire to make a difference. FL Argentum’s goals are to build a strong, healthy profession and generate a consistent flow of new ideas to once again make Florida a leader in senior care and services.
One of FL Argentum’s biggest opportunities, critical to our success, is creating top leaders and career ladders by developing specialized educational programs to improve training at all levels, which will dramatically influence the quality of healthcare and develop a strong commitment to excellence.
A career in senior living is more than just a job, it’s made up of people with passion and high ethical standards who have special knowledge and skills; it’s not a 9 to 5 job. It’s 24/7, providing the best care possible for their residents.
FL Argentum’s educational programs are advanced and forward thinking. We have developed a blended core training program which includes both online and face to face instructor training as well as webinars, workshops, and an annual conference that has been described as one of the best in the country.
Advocacy is the cornerstone of the association and we are highly driven and inspired to help our members succeed, such as saving money on taxes, insurance, regulatory costs, and frivolous litigation. In addition, providing legislative representation at the federal and state level, we are instrumental in drafting new laws and rules to protect our member communities from, perhaps well-meaning but overzealous regulatory activities. By increasing our advocacy efforts to influence and improve public policy for Florida’s seniors, as well as creating a voice for the future of senior care and services, we will be successful. FL Argentum’s role is to remain responsive to the ever-changing business climate, advance the senior living profession, educate, improve and strengthen our voice to engage, involve and inform the general public, legislators, and public officials about our profession.
We are developing and working to pass laws and rules that protect your resident’s interests and to make Florida a place where seniors want to come and spend their retirement years. A few of our accomplishments include:
- FL Argentum was recently given the Retirement Housing Council, a 501(c)3 organization to help us create scholarships, grants, mentorships, and clinical sites to educate and develop our future workforce.
- We have created the Florida chapter of the American Assisted Living Nurses Association (AALNA) that currently has more than 1,100 members providing a voice for nurses including grassroots advocacy efforts and networking opportunities.
- Since our inception, FL Argentum has worked tirelessly to pass needed and significant ALF reform legislation;
- Worked with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) to streamline the licensing process and timelines for initial licensure;
- Blocked several pieces of unfriendly legislation that would have cost providers thousands of dollars; and
- Secured a $5 million budget increase for the Medicaid assistive care services (ACS) program.
And, we’re just getting started!
Seniors want choice, independence, and security. FL Argentum’s members are creating homes that seniors want to move into — environments that are active, hospitable, fun, and social with options such as wireless technology, walking trails, a variety of dining options including gourmet food selections made from scratch by chefs, social activities, fitness and wellness programs, amenities for grandchildren and family visits, concierge services, lifelong learning opportunities, travel, cruises and outings, entertainment, happy hours, and much more.
Won’t you help us make a difference in the lives you serve? Join with us in 2017!!!