Louisiana Board of Nursing Exceptions to Licensure
§929 §929. Exceptions to licensure
The provisions of this Part shall not apply to:
(1) Gratuitous nursing by friends or members of the family.
(2) The incidental care of the sick by individuals primarily employed as domestic workers.
(3) The rendering of nursing assistance by any individual in the case of immediate emergency. The rendering of nursing assistance by any individual in a disaster in accordance with the rules and regulations established by the board.
(4) The practice of nursing as an integral part of a program of study by student nurses enrolled in an approved school of nursing; however, the board shall have jurisdiction to assert a disciplinary action over a student nurse who violates any provisions of this Part.
(5) The practice of nursing in this state by any legally qualified nurse of another state who accompanies and cares for a patient temporarily residing in this state during a period not to exceed six months, if such nurse does not represent or hold himself out as a nurse licensed to practice in this state.
Acts 1976, No. 351, §1; Acts 1995, No. 633, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1996; Acts 1999, No. 315, §1, eff. June 16, 1999.