By posting comments on the Florida Argentum website, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for this discussion site. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about this site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, Florida Argentum reserves the right to suspend or terminate access to posting comments for any person who violates these rules.
Discussion Rules & Etiquette
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions on the website are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any article posting.
- Do not contact people directly with product and service information, unless they request that you do so.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a comment/message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the website.
- All comments must add to the body of knowledge. Florida ALFA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
Neither Argentum, nor Florida Argentum, are responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. In no event shall Argentum or Florida Argentum be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ALFA and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Comments should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Comments that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Be careful in your discussions about regulatory activity. You can report on regulatory activity related to your company. You can also tell participants that they should be aware that that regulators are looking into certain areas, but do not give advice or comment on the investigations of other participants. Avoid making any comment that might be construed as suggesting to a participant under investigation that they should hide or destroy evidence or suggesting how they might respond to an investigation. Comments of this type could be construed as obstruction of justice or a charge that the participant aided and abetted the violation by the other party. The best practice would be to advise Argentum of regulatory activity and have the association research and provide information to the membership about the best way to legally respond to regulatory inquiries.
Argentum does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate comments and do not on its own undertake editorial control of posted comments. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ALFA’s attention, we will take all appropriate action.